Wednesday, March 5, 2008

YUMMY!!!


Lately, Landon has been our little garbage disposal. He eats everything, all day long. Especially if it's sweet! He's one of those kids that wanted to taste everything as a crawling baby and now, well, he still wants to taste everything. Here is how our week has been...First, crayons; Landon has started to like coloring, but it only lasts a minute until he starts to bite off the tips to all the crayons. I tell him "that's yucky" and make an "eww" face. Now, whenever he sees crayons or pictures of crayons, he makes that face, but still eats the crayons. NEXT, bathwater; Landon simply cannot resist tasting his bathwater, and of course it's after I've cleaned him and the water is all soapy and who knows if he's pee'd in it yet. I do all I can to stop him, and I still catch him slurping and saying "mmmmmm!!!" with a huge smile. That boy!! Sometimes I can't help but crack up. So finally, (it gets worse), yesterday, he ate a bug. Who knows what kind, but I saw him pick up something black off the ground and he quickly put it in his mouth. I tried my darndest to get it out, but those jaws are like the jaws of...a crockodile. After some force, I got out some of it, but he got some added protein that day. So anywho, my son loves to eat. He's grown a ton lately and I'm glad about that, but maybe from now on I'll try reverse psychology on him. By the way, he drank half that milkshake without taking his eyes or mouth off the straw!


1 comment:

Brittany H. said...

I totally hear ya on the kids eating crayons! Dash doesn't last long coloring, either. A few weekends ago (when Claire and I were in Kansas City) Kevin introduced Dash to having his own milkshake. Let's just say, we can no longer go through a drive-thru without him thinking he is getting one. Well, I see Landon is still into eating inedible things...sorry!