Wednesday, March 26, 2008

FREEDOM!

Well, today was Landon's first field trip with his aunt and uncle. I got him up early this morning and kept telling him he was going to go bye-bye with his aunt and uncle. I was worried how he'd react, but he got into their car and smiled and was happy to go! They took him to a natural science center and he LOVED it. They spoiled him rotten and when he came home, he didn't even care to give me a hug. He didn't miss me or home at all! Let's just say that Landon is not going to be a homebody. It's time for another baby who just wants mama!!!
By the way, I thought well, if my friend, Brittany, can take her son to see Horton Hears a Who, I can take my son. We planned the movie around nap time so that Landon would watch some of the movie and fall asleep. ha ha ha yeah right. He did okay, but about half-way through, after he was full of popcorn and juice, he wanted to visit the neighbors. Landon wants to do the entertaining. So, I had to take him out and he ended up falling asleep out of exhaustion the last 5 minutes of the movie. So, Landon is not going to be a movie goer for a little while longer!

4 comments:

Brittany H. said...

Well, that is probably because you do educational activities with him, while I just put on Ice Age and enjoy the quiet!

Kelly said...

Wow a field trip without mom and he didn't even care!! That's great. I'm not sure how my kids would do with that. Exciting! Did you call yesterday? I saw a North Carolina number on the caller ID but we were gone I guess. Sorry we missed it if it was you. How are you? Have you moved yet?

Esther said...

I think Zeke will be the same in movies. We haven't taken him to one for a while, but last time Jimmy and I took turns with him out in the hall.
I can hardly believe Landon will be 2 in July! Babies grow up so fast!

Melea said...

What an adventurous mom! I think I pretty much have resorted to not going anywhere or doing much of anything until my kids are all grown. It is so hard, but kudos to you for trying! :)